Wednesday, February 16, 2011

On Justified Inebriation

Hello, my name is Ross Llewallyn. I'm currently a student at Georgia Tech, but my home is in East Cobb, where I grew up and went to school. This is my first letter to a representative, so you might guess that the issue I'm writing about is an important one to me. It's important, however, for reasons beyond imbibing alcohol purchased on Sundays.

Yes, I want the prohibition of selling alcohol on Sundays to be brought to local authority and eventually repealed from our community.

But let me be clear: I do not drink alcohol. I have no desire to do so, much less purchase it on any day of the week. Yet I care about this issue because it represents what I consider to be a violation of the separation of church and state. Residual "blue laws", with their origins in Christian principles, should be replaced with universal, secular ones.

I hope that my message and potentially different grounding on this issue demonstrates the multifaceted reasoning as to why this must go local and be repealed.

Thank you,
Ross Llewallyn

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for actually writing a letter to a representative. I've had the intention but not the will before.

    ReplyDelete