Monday, March 7, 2011

On Soft Hands

I really enjoyed this ACC Women's Tournament. I liked the trip up, when I got to see Megamind, which was surprisingly funny. I liked the first game, in which an arena of elementary school kids yelled and cheered for whichever side was winning. I liked buying a game I've been meaning to play. I liked the first night, when I saw The King's Speech.

I liked the second game, in which we upset Maryland (who might have lost sleep the night before). I liked taking with me those several dozen GT banners and tossing them out to super-excited kids behind us, doubling our team's crowd size. I liked Free Fryday. I liked going to the "Friendliest" part of Greensboro and spending way too much time messing around with puppets. I liked swapping interesting YouTube videos and was strangely okay with the tamest group of drunks I've ever seen.

I liked being the only band to play at Fanfest and getting T-shirts for it. I liked spending a few hours with not one person noticing a large stuffed snake in my pants. I liked keeping a close game with Duke and severely influencing their ability to play with puppet distractions.

I liked cheering hard and being appreciated for it. I liked heading home watching Scott Pilgrim. I liked when people liked that movie.

And seriously, that's it. A lot of cool and interesting things happened on this trip that I'd like to not quickly forget, so they go here. Lots of other pressing matters still linger over my head at the moment, but this is something best posted quickly afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment