Tuesday, August 7, 2012

On Best Friends

It's a depressing realization to figure out that you are no one's best friend.

Sometimes I wonder if I was for anyone at any time.

Besides my cats.

I want to matter to someone. But it's hard when with so many we have parted physically, behaviorally, emotionally, mentally...

I have stupid fantasies of someone responding to this post saying, "Me! Me! How could you forget me?!" But that's just not realistic. No pressure if you do consider responding, though.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it matters that you're someone's favorite person, most people don't categorize their friends that way and you shouldn't look for that validation. Post high school people have friends and they have acquaintances. Be happy to be someone's friend, some people don't even have that.

    ReplyDelete