Saturday, March 3, 2012

On Leaving /r/atheism

Potentially. Maybe I'll get a response. This is a message I sent to the moderators of /r/atheism:

Lack of moderation leads to weak content and comments

I'm unsubscribing for this reason. I've been viewing /r/atheism since I joined Reddit 2 years ago, and I've always been defending it from people who call it a massive circlejerk. I do believe there are a great many people who wish to have interesting conversations and posts, but they are drowned out by the larger number that do not. You choose by allowing this lame content to arise to bring the subreddit to the lowest common denominator.

I don't like the idea that atheists, whom we consider intellectuals, need moderation in this regard, but I find it necessary to keep the integrity of the subreddit. If that's what you want. If it's not, then I'll be gone. I'm sure you don't care, I mean, "who is this guy, anyway?" But consider me representative of many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment