Tuesday, February 14, 2012

On Valentimes

Nothing melodramatic this time around. I certainly feel lonely at times, but this day doesn't strike me any harder than others. Saw Sarah today by chance and we talked about how she wants to kill off sick people (paraphrasing) and how she recently lost a friend. Ironically, I was catching up with someone, as I seldom do often enough. Also, we got free condoms. Super-useful for me, I know.

I think I shift the meaning of the day farther out to encompass my friends and value those that I'm around and care about. It makes it less mopey and more productive. And besides, how honest can I be with myself if I try to find someone now, knowing that I might be far away by June? Of course, half of the argument is really just me staying safe from embarrassment and difficulties.

The week's busy enough as it is with a test, an assignment, a bonus assignment given today, and an interview Thursday. There's stuff going on between those things, too, and my hope is that I'll make it to the end of the week successfully and be able to enjoy a movie with a friend and my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment