Monday, April 5, 2010

Well this certainly doesn't help.



I know nothing of war, but these guys had a tough decision to make, and they made it. I didn't think that camera looked like an RPG, I thought the group had a relaxed stance, but I wasn't in a warzone flying in an Apache putting my life on the line. So the first salvo was a terrible mistake, and probably not an isolated incident (for war in general, not just Iraq).

The van, however, really crosses the line for me. What possible reason did they have to destroy that? They were likely innocent civilians trying to help someone. The trigger-happy and nonchalant attitude of the soldiers involved I understand to be a part of the military mindset to some extent, but this is where it goes awry. ...To think that people younger than me are deciding whether someone will live or die.

The subsequent cover-up and warping of the event I've come to expect, though it is no less enraging. This, I think, is an equal or greater crime than the event itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment